Friday, June 10, 2011

Quiz 40 | English Quiz 3

1.He's very shy and doesn't ____ you in the eye.

A. watch
B. see
C. look



2.It's been ages since we ........ from Dave .

A. have heard
B. heard



3.It took ____ an hour to get to work.

A. they
B. them



4.I can't ____ for the holidays- I need a break.

A. look forward
B. wait



5.It took me a long time to get ....... work because the traffic was terrible

A. to
B. in
C. at



6.Are you still working ..... the same design or have you finished it?

A. on
B. over



7.He invited me to stay and I'm going to take him ....... his offer

A. up
B. up on
C. upon



8.I took my hat ...... when I entered the building

A. off
B. on
C. in



9.I've seen ____ film he's made.

A. all
B. every



10.It is the first time I've had ........ bad flu since I was a child

A. so
B. such



11.Dark, heavy clouds hung ______ the city.

A. at
B. in
C. over



12.I do my work and they do ___ .

A. their
B. theirs



13.Every four years, the Olympic cauldron ___ at the opening ceremony of the Olympic games.

A. has lit
B. is lit
C. is lighting



14.A Hurricane Watch ___ for a coastal area when there is a threat of hurricane conditions within 24-36 hours.

A. was issued
B. is issuing
C. is issued
D. isn't issued



15.My sister is very good ______ painting.

A. in
B. with
C. at
D. for



16.Glen studied hard at school, ___________ he failed as an actor.

A. in case of
B. in case
C. if
D. when



17.'Would you like ___________ to drink?'

A. nothing
B. everything
C. something
D. any



18.Babu is the ________ boy in his class who has secured 100 marks in English.

A. alone
B. one of
C. some
D. only



19.He didn't do the work ...... his boss got angry

A. since
B. for
C. until



20.Yesterday, she forgot to ____ her homework to school and came back upset.

A. bring
B. fetch
C. take



21.There's ____ enough space for everything.

A. no
B. not



22.Susie, who lives in Melbourne, ______ is forty.

A. who
B. on
C. she



23.If I ______ you, I would wait a while to begin investing.

A. was
B. am
C. were



24.I ___ have known when she was coming home because I didn't have a watch.

A. can't
B. couldn't
C. won't



25.They ___ sell that brand anymore.

A. doesn't
B. don't




No comments:

Post a Comment